Honda Odyssey was launched for the first time in 1995, until now; it has been 25 years. Recently, Honda announced the launch of a package of special accessories designed for the Odyssey 2020 to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
New Honda Odyssey Package As I Know
For the exterior, this special accessory kit includes led headlights, chrome accents, signature badges, and new 19-inch wheels that give the minivan a very sporty and modern look.
Under the hood, all 2020 Honda Odyssey will be outfitted with the 280-horsepower 3.5-liter i-VTEC, V6 engine, accompanied by a 10-speed automatic transmission.
For the interior, it is equipped with leather upholstery as well as an electric sunroof with one-touch function and tilt function. It also has an electric tailgate and three new USB ports, in addition to the Satelite-Linked Navigation system.
For the Touring and Elite versions, systems such as LED headlights with automatic on and off.
Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car?
Time back to 2004, in that year, I bought my first car, Honda Odyssey. That is the excellent family car with 7 seats, I can take my 3 kids, and my parents go outdoors to camp. You can bring lots of stuff on the trunk, till now it is still going strong, except the lighting. The lighting on the 2004 Honda Odyssey is all halogen bulbs. You must change these small glass bulbs regularly as they have only around 3,000 hours of lifespan. Over 3,000 hours, they produce less and less lighting for you, which reduces your visibility at night time. It is necessary to change them regularly. Recently, the reverse light on my car has been dimmed again. So I bought a replacement 921 led bulbs from AutoZone yesterday, and I just change the bulb by myself.
The Steps to Change the Reverse Light on 2004 Honda Odyssey
The reverse bulbs on the 2004 Honda Odyssey are located in the sconce on the back of the trunk lid. The process of replacing the backup light bulb consists of removing the wall light to access the bulbs. The entire process is relatively simple and straightforward. It requires the use of a socket wrench and a replacement reverse led bulb. The reverse light bulb on 2004 Odyssey uses a 921 type bulbs, while the replacement led 921 bulbs can be purchased at most auto parts stores.
– Turn off the engine and open the trunk. Use a socket wrench to remove the nine nuts from the bottom of the trunk.
– Pull the rear trunk light away from the vehicle. This will reveal the power outlets on the trunk lid. Remove the socket by pressing the tab on the socket and rotating the socket counterclockwise and pulling on it.
– Pull the old light bulb out of the socket. Do not turn on the old bulb. Install the new bulb in the socket. Be sure not to touch the glass part of the replacement bulb.
– Reinstall the socket in the assembly. Tighten the connector by turning clockwise.
– Place the applet back on the trunk lid to retrieve it by reinstalling the nine nuts. Close the trunk.
A New led light bulbs to produce crisp white lighting, which helps me park my car at night. And at this time, I choose 921 led light bulbs because the salesman on Autozone tell me that this kind of led bulbs from LedoAuto can last over 10,000 hours on the reverse light. That is 3 times longer than the halogen bulbs. Bedsides, they consume less power than halogen bulbs, that is green to the environment. The price is not expensive. I think it is really worth to try.