Traditional car light bulbs only have incandescent bulbs or halogen bulbs. It did not have any optional extras; however, more modern bulbs may feature LED in the brand new vehicles. These bulbs technology with more components and more helpful to increase the visibility in poor weather conditions. The driver can not worry about the poor illumination through on road.
If an h4 headlight bulb burns into any vehicle, it must replace immediately. Driving in dark conditions with defective headlights is dangerous and risky. Fortunately, replacing a burnt bulb is a simple process for most vehicles. This h4 led bulb is also true for the 2000 Honda Civic.
- Open the hood of the Civic and turn off the engine. Put on the gloves.
- Locate the headlight mounting unit. It must locate near the headlight housing.
- Disconnect the electrical connector by pulling it and unplugging it from the headlight mounting unit. Remove the harness by tightening the tabs on the side and pulling it out of the headlight mounting unit.
- Loosen the plastic housing on the back of the headlight mounting unit by turning counterclockwise.
- Remove the plastic housing by pulling it away from the headlight mounting unit. This result will allow access to the h4 light bulb.
- Pull the h4 car led bulb from the headlight mounting unit by loosening the retaining clip. Squeeze the tabs on the retaining clip to loosen it. Install a new light bulb by pushing it into the headlight mounting unit. Replace the retaining clip by clicking on the bulb.
- Replace the plastic housing of the mounting unit by pushing and locking in place. Reconnect the wiring harness by squeezing the tabs and clicking on the headlight mounting unit again.
- Reconnect the electrical connector by plugging it into the back of the headlight mounting unit. Close the hood.
Tips and warnings
- Halogen lamps can reach very high temperatures. Allow time for the headlights to cool before replacing the h4 led headlight bulbs.
- Halogen lamps contain gas under pressure. Releasing them or scratching the surface can cause them to explode.
- Do not touch the glass part of a halogen headlight bulb. If you do, you can ruin the bulb.
Car manufacturers may get close to what you envision but the exact concept will never be realized. Because the cars are manufactured to please the masses, not an individual. The standard models which are lack something that make a car look unique or represent who you are. And you can modify headlight to increase the personality.
In the common case, many people take the LED headlights compatibility into account when they purchasing a new bulb for the car. In most majority cases, these headlights are designed to be suitable for various models which include H1, H3, H4, H7 and so on. It is important that you find out which type of bulbs fit with your car in order to avoid a purchase that is not worth your while.